Do you want to work in an Academy that promotes social mobility and allows students to achieve brillitantly, regardless of their backbround then this could be the job for you !
The Directors of Uffculme Academy Trust are looking for a dynamic and inspriational Middle Leader to join the staff team at Holyrood Academy in the beautiful part of South Somerset.
We are looking for a highly motivated practitioner who can lead by example and inspire others whilst providing challenge and rigour within the school and across the Multi Academy Trust. In return we can offer wide-ranging career development opportunities, excellent support and access to some of the best teachers and leaders in the South West.
Overall Responsibilties of the Role
To strategically plan for the development of the following areas demonstrating impact of these on the learning, progress and personal development of pupils:
- Being responsible for the management a year group, with particular regards towards;
- Ensuring that all pupils in the year group make expected levels of progress or better through high quality pastoral support and challenge
- Ensuring that all pupils in the year group are motivated and engaged in their learning and personal development
- Ensuring that all matters regarding safeguarding, behaviour and attendance are dealt with swiftly and appropriately
- Leading a team of form tutors. Supporting and developing their roles in pupil development, setting targets in terms of delivering high expectations and then monitoring each form to ensure these expectations are met
An ability to teach
Further information regarding the Trust, Academy and the job can be found within the Applicant Information Pack
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safeguarding is our most important responsibility as a school. Happy and healthy students who are free from harm, are more likely to be successful throughout their education and thrive on their jounrey towards adulthood.